Sunday, September 13, 2020

The Algoma Guardian Passes Belle Isle on a Nice Friday Night

Like I said in the last post, I thought that I would be able to catch two ships.  I knew it was getting late but the skies were clear so I thought I would have a little extra sunlight.

First up was the Algoma Guardian.  I think she was heading downbound from Thunder Bay and her likely cargo would have been grain.
She was heading to Hamilton, Ontario.  I think that might be a grain transfer point but I'm not sure.
I think I've heard that the Algoma Gaurdian is not long for this world as well.   She was built in 1987 which makes her 33 years old and that's pretty young for a laker.
But she may have issues that aren't readily apparent.
At any rate, it was nice to see her.
And then I switched to the drone, it was a little windy but not too bad.
I kind of like the drone because it gives a different perspective on a ship.
And you don't realize how big they are, unless you see them from the air.
She continues down the river and it looks like she has different hatches than the other ships.
But these maybe loaded and unloaded with different systems.
A beam shot.
She continues down the river.
A little further away.

One more shot.

I was amazed at how quickly it got dark on me.  As I was heading off the island, I saw the next ship I wanted to catch but with little ambient light from the island or from Windsor across the river, I didn't think I would be able to get any pictures.  Oh well, maybe next time.


No comments: