Friday, September 4, 2020

Catching the Federal Leda

 I wasn't sure if I was going to catch this ship in time.  I thought it would be too dark by the time it passed, so I was happy to catch it.  Unfortunately, the cable to connect my phone to my drone controller decided to act up, so I couldn't get any drone shots.

But that is just as well since the pictures were pretty nice anyway.

The colors were just perfect.
The lighting was just about perfect, although I was a little bit past the golden hour.
The Federal Leda was heading down from Thunder Bay after coming up from Chicago.
This time she is heading to Montreal.  I'm not sure if that is for a trip to cross the pond or she will be back.
I do know that the salties get quite a bit of time on the Great Lakes.
I loved the clouds in the background.
She looks pretty good for being a salty of 17 years old.
I have a feeling she will be gone soon.
And I love the dusk skies.
Another angle of the ship.
The beam shot.
And she continues down the river.  It is over 550 nautical miles to Montreal from this point.  Which means she has over two days of travel left.
 

No comments: