Tuesday, September 1, 2020

And Then, the Great Republic

 The next ship was following fairly closely to the last ship.  so close that I didn't have time to get the stern shots of the previous ship that I usually get.  But I guess that's okay.

According to AIS, the Great Republic was coming down from Alpena.  I think she was picking up stone there but I am not sure.
She was heading down to Lorain which is just slightly west of Cleveland.   From this picture it is roughly 100 nautical miles to Lorain (or about 9 hours travel time).
Anyway, I think she is one of the nicer looking ships and is quite maneuverable.
She moves a little closer.
One more shot with my regular camera.
And then I switched to my drone.
I was still having some issues because it was pretty windy and it was threatening to rain all day.
But I still got some pretty nice pictures.
The almost beam shot.
I didn't want to pull the drone back any further because there were buildings and trees behind me and I didn't want to have an accident.
A shot of her pilothouse.
And she continues down the St. Clair River.

No comments: