Friday, September 18, 2020

And then the Ocean Castle

 So  I headed up to St Clair to catch my next ship. I wanted to cut down on the time between ships.

I think the Ocean Castle was coming down from Duluth but again I'm not sure, so I'm not sure what she was carrying.
Her AIS says that her destination says Rouen which is in France on the Seine River.  For some reason, it doesn't make sense but maybe the Seine is deep enough in that part of France.  Rouen is in the Normany Pronvice and is the capital.  It was heavily damaged by Allied bombing on D-Day because of its importance as a marshalling point.
Anyway, this ship has appeared on this blog as the Federal Mattawa in the past.
I think she is still owned by Federal Navigation but is currently being leased by Baltic Shipping.
She is flagged in Malta.
She was built in Guangzhou, China in 2005.
She is almost 600 feet long and about 75 feet wide.
She can carry almost 19000 tons of cargo.
She is a pretty nice looking ship.
The beam shot.
As I type this, she is a little outside of Quebec City.
I'm not sure how much longer it will take her to get to her destination but I know it's not short.

No comments: