Sunday, September 25, 2011

On the Way to Tahquamenon

So I also had the opportunity to take pictures of the roads as you head up to the Falls. This is something I have been meaning to do for a while.
This is I-75 just as you pass St. Ignace. It is actually a pretty nice looking stretch of freeway at this point. If I had gotten it sooner, you could see some of the rock formations. We were hoping that there would be more color though.
As you get off I-75, you find yourself on M-123 in order to get to the Falls. At this point it is probably another 60 or so miles to the Falls but it's a nice drive, so it doesn't seem too bad.
Another part of M-123.
At this point, we were finally seeing some color in the trees. There wasn't much color until we got to this point. I suspect that it will be even more colorful next weekend.
Another stretch of the road. I believe this is after you pass M-28.For this shot, I was trying to mess with the exposure settings to give some motion blur. I'm not sure I like the results though.

No comments: