Thursday, August 2, 2012

A Helping Hand from the Wyoming

I don't normally get to see tugboats when I'm out boatwatching either.  I do think they are cool but they aren't normally my focus when I'm out boatwatching.  I am happy when I see them though.
 As I said in the last post, the Buffalo was under assist from a tugboat.  That tugboat is named the Wyoming.  Here she is giving a hand to the Buffalo.
 She is owned by Great Lakes Towing Company out of Cleveland, Ohio.
 She was born in 1929 and is powered by a diesel engine.  She is 84 feet long and 20 feet wide.
 I love the paint job on her, she has a classic tugboat look.
 And her work done, she gets out of here.
One last shot.

1 comment:

cmadler said...

Maybe it's just the angle, or maybe it's normal for tugs, but it looks like the Wyoming is riding pretty low in these photos?