Wednesday, August 1, 2012

American Courage Again....

Since I was up in the Troy office today, I decided to see what was cooking on the River and saw that there were a couple ships coming downbound at about the time I would be passing Detroit.  So it was a stop at Milliken State Park.
 First up is the American Courage.  She was not one of the ships I was expecting to see but I have seen her in the past.
 As I've said before, the rear mounted superstructure is catching on for me but it reminds me too much of the ocean going ships.  I like the uniqueness of the lake freighters.
 A closeup of her pilothouse.  This is kind of where you get an idea of the scale of these ships.
 A shot of her bow.  You can see one of the crewmembers looking over the front.
 And a shot of her stern.
 Another shot before she heads on to Lake Huron and beyond.
I've been having way to much fun with pictures like this.  I've been calling it Freighter Jousting on a Facebook Boatnerd Group.  It almost looks like jousting.  At anyrate, the next ship up is the Algosteel.

No comments: