Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A Run In with an Old Friend

The next ship is one that I seem to be running across quite a bit lately.
 First I see her doing a 180 on the Detroit River and that was pretty neat.
 And then I run across her at the Soo Locks causing all sorts of trouble.
 When I first arrived at the State Park, I saw that she was at Mistersky refuelling.  Since I wasn't sure how long it would take to refuel a ship, I wasn't sure if I would see her.
 I kept an eye on her on the off chance that she might start heading up the River.
 And sure enough she did.
 I'll have to admit that I do like her lines.  She definately has them.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
 And her stack.  She is one of a handful of steamers that still travels on the Great Lakes.
 Another shot of her pilothouse.
 A shot of her stern.
And one last shot before she heads off to Lake Huron and beyond.

No comments: