Sunday, August 5, 2012

Saturday Morning with the Edwin H. Gott

So yesterday I had to go up to my mom's but before I headed up there I decided to stop by Detroit because it looked like there were going to be a couple of ships passing by in short succession.  It turns out that one of the ships was docking just outside of Belle Isle.  The other ship however....
 Since I wasn't moving quite as fast as I wanted to so I ended up catching her at Riverside Park.  It has been a while since I've been to Riverside Park and I'll post more about that later.
 At anyrate, the ship I caught was the Edwin H. Gott.  Last time I saw her was up at the Mackinac Bridge.
 These ships are growing on me as they are fairly impressive.
 I kind of wish I could have gotten more of lengthwise shot of her but that wasn't to be today as I was shooting into the sun.
 Since I was at Riverside park, I got to see the Wescott in action.  It was pretty cool since I haven't really seen her in this way in a long time.
 I kind of like the shadowed effect though.
 The Westcott heading out to the Gott.
 And she gets a little closer.
 A shot of her bow.
 She passes under the Ambassador Bridge.  This is another view I kind of miss.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
 A shot of her 1000 feet as she heads off to wherever she was heading.
 Another shot of her.  I kind of like this veiw because it gives her some degree of depth.
 And the rear of her pilothouse.  It's amazing to think that she is probably taller than some buildings.
And one last shot before I left.  You can see the Westcott heading back.

No comments: