Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Paul R. Tregurtha

So as you saw in the Lee A. Tregurtha post, my next post would be the Paul R. Tregurtha.  She was a complete surprise but it was still cool nonetheless.
 The last time I saw Paul was during Engineer's Day weekend.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to catch better pictures of her at that time.  The Paul Tregurtha was named after the President of Interlake Steamship and Lee was his wife.  It guess it is fitting that the Paul Tregurtha is the bigger of the two ships.
 It's not often that you see two ships with basically the same name pass each other.
 One last shot of Lee Tregurtha before she moves on to Lake Huron.
 At 1014 feet, the Paul R. Tregurtha holds the current title of "Queen of the Lakes" as the largest ship on the Great Lakes.  It is likely that she will hold that title for a long time as I don't imagine there will be ships bigger than her being built.
 She has pretty nice lines for being a rearmounted pilothouse ship.
 An almost shot of her full 1000 feet.
 A shot of her bow.
 I think I like this shot because it almost reminds me of the Star Destroyer in Star Wars.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
 One more shot of her pilothouse.
And one more shot as she heads up to the Locks.

No comments: