Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Honorable James L. Oberstar Again

Almost right after the passage of the Birchglen, I looked down the river and saw my next visitor.  Little did I realize my shipwatching would shape up to be an Interlake Day.
 So the last time I saw her was the weekend I was up at the locks for Engineer's Day.
 Even though I have seen her several times in the past, it is always nice to see a proper laker.
 One of the nice things about Mission Point is that the freighters pass really close.
 You can almost reach out and touch them.
 Plus you get almost the same view that you would get from a boat.
 I really like the classic looks of her pilothosue.  With her color scheme, I can almost imagine I'm looking at a scene from the 50's.
 As she heads towards the Locks.
 A shot of her stack.
 One more shot as she passes off.
 Then we headed to another spot for shipwatching.  It is right by the hydro plant and pretty good.
 Although the background is a little busier.
 One more shot from that park.
And one more shot as she heads off into Lake Superior.  Behind her is the Michipicoten.

No comments: