Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Jackson Civil War Muster - Cavalry Demonstration

Apparently one of the people I work with is a Civil War re-enactor.  When he mentioned that, I asked when he was doing his next re-enactment because I've been wanting to get some Civil War re-enactment pictures ever since I started my blog.  He mentioned the Jackson Muster this weekend but he wasn't going to be there.  I had other obligations yesterday, so I went there today and I'll have to say that I wasn't disappointed.

I'm going to break this up into three posts:  this one, one dealing with the battle itself and some of the post battle activities.
 So the first thing that I saw was a demonstration of cavalry moves.  Basically they showed the different types of formations that were used.
 It would have been nice if there had been some narration during this because they all basically were the same.  At least they could have mentioned what the different formations were used for.
 But it was nice to see the horses in action and it makes for nice pictures.
 It seems that many of the formations are similar to infantry formations.
 This guy was talking about it afterwards.  This unit normally does Union stuff but they were pulling double duty today.
 Like I said, some more explanation would have been nice.
Although this guy did a pretty decent job afterwards.

No comments: