Sunday, August 19, 2012

The American Spirit Again

Next up is the American Spirit.  She is a ship that I have seen in the past.  I saw her in Whitefish Bay and then I saw her in Wyandotte the following day.
 I'm kind of torn on whether I like this style of 1000 footer or the style that looks similar to the Gott and Speer. 
 I think this style has a little more style than the other though.
 Here she is trying to sneak up on these unsuspecting fishermen.  I will admit that is pretty tough for a ship of her size.
 An almost full view of her.
 I kind of like having the Ren Cen in the background.
 But I think I like the clean background a little more.  Sadly, it is not too easy to get a clean background on the Detroit River.
 And a cleaner background.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
 And her bow.  I would love to get a shot of her up at the Soo Locks with the huge American flag behind.
 A closeup of her pilothouse.
 And one of her lifeboats.
 A full on straight shot of her.  I think she was hugging the other side of the Detroit River, so it was a little easier to get this shot.
 A shot of her stacks and pilothouse.
 Another relatively clean shot of her.
 And she approaches the Algoma Enterprise.
 She starts to pour the smoke on because she needs to get over to Zug Island.
 But first she has to get past the Algoma Enterprise.
 She pours on more smoke as she starts to make the turn.
 Doing this requires a 180.
 Her thousand feet almost taking the whole river.
 But it makes for a cool shot.
 Another shot of her pilothouse.
 Another straight on shot.
 And she starts to pull towars the dock.
 She slips further into the dock.
 Almost there.
 She's pretty much at the dock and ready to unload.
Her crane goes up and she is ready to unload her cargo.

No comments: