Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Algosteel Again...

There are some ships that are pretty much constant sights on the Detroit River and I have many opportunities to get pictures of them.  There are some that are on the Detroit River quite a bit but it seems like I can never catch them.  The Algosteel seems to be one of those.
 I have caught her before but it was a brief glance and not quite so close.  Almost like the above picture.
This is one of a few Algoma ships that I actually like.  She's a classic laker with classic lines.
 Her pilothouse doesn't look like someone punched her in the nose.
 With a bow like that, you could almost confuse her for one of the American ships.
 Here she is getting closer.
 And she gives me the shot that I really like.
 A nice shot of her pilothouse and bow.  As I said, she doesn't look like someone punched her in the face.
 And she passes by.
 A shot of her Algostack.
 A shot of her stern.
I believe she is heading on to Nanticoke.

No comments: