Tuesday, April 10, 2012

And All Things Must Come to an End

The sad part about vacations is that eventually they have to end.  I was thinking that maybe we could head up to Scranton to visit a museum there but I didn't realize that it would mean a three hour drive before the nine hour drive home.  So I nixed that idea.  I guess that means I will have to find my way to Scranton some day.  At any rate, pictures of on the way home.
 A shot of a hillside.  I can only imagine what this would look like in the fall.
 Another mountain side.
 This was one of the rest areas we stopped at.  I think it is one of the original service plazas.  Unfortunately, it showed its age compared to some of the other service plazas.
 A sign confirming the above and a little history of the turnpike.
 A better angle of the building.  I kind of like it because it is in keeping with the local architecture.
I-76 back into Ohio and the way home.

2 comments:

Isaac said...

I love Pennsylvania... it's not like Colorado or West Virginia, but it's got its wonders. Somebody could do a "Pennsylvania Exposures" blog.

Mikoyan said...

I'm sure there is something similar out there somewhere. But yes, Pennsylvania is a nice state.