Sunday, April 22, 2012

The St. Clair Again...

So today found me down at Belle Isle again.  My main reason was to get my April pictures but I did see that there would be a ship coming downriver, so I figured I would get that as well.  Kind of like yesterday, if I had been awake a little earlier, I could have seen a few more but oh well.
 The St. Clair has appeared on this blog before, so I'm not going to go into the details of her birth and life. 
 The last time I saw her was up at Whitefish Point.  I will admit it is kind of cool to see ships in different places.  Given that the fact that many ships follow the same route all the time, it is easy to do that.  I still think one of my long term goals is follow a ship from its dock up to the Soo Locks (at least).
 The almost straight on shot.
 A shot of her pilothouse and self unloading crane.
 A closer shot of her pilothouse.
 Pretty close to the straight on shot.  I love Belle Isle for ship photographs but sometimes I do not like the distractions in the background.
 One of her lifeboats.
 A closeup of the bridge.
 As she moves downriver.
 A little further.

 A shot with the Ambassador Bridge in the background.
 I really like the comparison shot between the ship and skyline.

One last shot before I went on to other endeavors.

1 comment:

Isaac said...

LUCKY! I've been trying to see her for years. I saw she was coming by today, but I had other business on the Rouge: http://tugboathunter.wordpress.com/2012/04/22/peter-r-cresswell/.
I'll catch St. Clair someday...