Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Victorious/John Carrick Again

My last vessel for the evening (can probably call her a ship since it's a dedicated barge..still) is the Tug Victorious and her barge the John Carrick.  This combination has appeared on this blog before, so I'm not going to go into the details about them especially since I didn't really have many details in the first place.
 From this angle, she looks almost like a proper ship.  I've probably said it before but I'm not entirely sold on the tug/barge combination.  I can understand why it's done but still.
 Still looking almost like a proper ship but you can see that something is amiss by the way the barge wraps around the tug.
 Here you can definately see that it is a tug pushing a barge.
 Well, I will go into some details on the shots themselves.  The black and red flag is the flag of her owners.
 A closeup of the superstructure.
 Another full shot.
 A shot of the bridge.
 A closeup of the tug itself.
I think a better shot of the tug.  I believe this is called an articulated tug because it is dedicated to the barge.  Someone who follows tugs more often can probably answer this one better for me and if they do, another shout out.
 A shot of the back.
And one more shot.

1 comment:

Isaac said...

An articulated tug is fit with a coupling system that can be seen on the hull when out of the barge. The barge is set up with the same system. Therefore, they can "connect" without using just ropes to secure the tug and barge together.