Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Miscellaneous Belle Isle Shots

One of the things about boatwatching is that there often is some lag between ships.  Tonight's boatwatching wasn't too bad as there was only about 20 minutes between each ship.  In the case of the Lee Tregurtha and Algoma Transport, there wasn't even that.  Consequently, I will find myself taking pictures of other things.
Before ships, planes are my first love.  The sound of an airplane engine will always get me to look up.  This time was no different.  I think this is a Cessna of some sort but I'm probably wrong.  The C on the registration means it is a Canadian plane though.
As it flies off somewhere.
To me birds are a secondary category of planes as they tend to fly.  I was paying attention to this one and it was amazing to watch this seagull adjust his wings to the wind conditions and what he wanted to do.  It reminded me of an experiment NASA was working on where they would warp the wings instead of using flaps.  Interestingly enough, that's not even a new concept for airplanes as that was how the Wright Brothers did it.
A lone seagull just watching me.
A Mallard swimming by.  One of the things I like about the Detroit River is the unique shade of blue it takes.  I'm told that is because it moves fast enough that it stays fairly clean.
Two seagulls dogfighting.
And a third enters the fray.
The weather hasn't helped the flowers.
Another skyline shot where I framed it with some of the vegetation.
I think this may be a boat that tugs recreational boats that find themselves without gas or whatever.
And one of the locals.

1 comment:

Isaac said...

Absolutely right on the second-to-last photo. I wonder how much work they get...