Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Arthur Anderson From Riverside Park

So I managed to make it to Riverside Park in time to catch some pictures of the Arthur Anderson.  If I were at the closer end of Belle Isle, I don't think that would have been possible.  At any rate, I'm getting better at figuring out times and distances.  But I digress.
 The shot to contrast the Ren Cen and the Anderson.
 As she is getting closer.
 A little closer yet.
 A shot of the bow and the pilothouse.
 The Westcott pulling up next to her.
 A shot as she is about to pass the Ambassador Bridge.
 The Westcott at her side.  Some of the other people in the park were commenting that it looked like a mother and her baby.  I guess I can see that.
 A closeup of her pilothouse.  The man entering the pilothouse is waving to the Westcott as she leaves.
 One of her lifeboats.
 Her smokestack.  She is one of the few ships on the Great Lakes that is still powered by steam.
 A shot of her pilothouse as she pulls away.
 A shot of her rear deck area.
 As she heads downriver.
And one last shot of her before I decided to leave.

2 comments:

Capt. Grumpy said...

30 minutes from Belle Isle CG to the Bridge and 30 minutes from Grassy Island to the Bridge. Those are some pretty close guesstimates for times.

Isaac said...

I know who this is!