Saturday, December 20, 2014

Hello To an Old Friend

Little did I realize, it would turn out to be a steam powered day for me.
 As I was checking AIS, I noticed that the Munson was heading downbound and would be passing about the time I was finishing my chase of the Algoma Montrealais.
 As it turned out, I passed her on the way to the Blue Water Bridge but I figured, I would be able to catch her around St. Clair or so after taking pictures of the Montrealais.  I thought it was more important to finish with the Montrealais since the Munson is safe for now.
 The Munson is also a steam powered vessel but given the Jones Act, she's not likely to be scrapped anytime soon.  Besides, it would be a shame to see her go.
 I think the water was even smoother for the Munson, as I almost had a pretty nice reflection of her in the water.  It almost reminded me of some of the pictures I took up in Duluth.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
 A shot of her almost straight out.
 And her deckhouse.
 She continues down the St. Clair River.
 A shot of her stern.  They don't quite make them like this anymore.
 Then I headed down to Marine City to catch some more pictures.
 The water seemed even smoother here.
 But it made for nice pictures.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
 And she continues down the St. Clair.
 So then I headed over to the State Park to get one more glmpse of her.  I think she was heading down to the Rouge River to dump off some stone.

 The profile shot.
 One more profile shot.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
And she continues on to Lake St. Clair, the Detroit River and the Rouge River.

No comments: