Monday, December 29, 2014

The Lovely Kaye E. Barker on a Not So Lovely Day

So I had a family Christmas party to go to on Saturday but that wasn't until later in the day, so I decided to head up to Port Huron to catch a couple ships.  Especially since a couple of those ships were classic lakers.
 The first of those ships was the always lovely Kaye E. Barker.  She was heading down from Marquette with a load of taconite for the AK Steel Mill in Dearborn.  I think for the most part this is her normal run.
 I will say one thing for the Interlake ships, they always look like they are in a good shape.
 And the Kaye E. Barker is no exception.
 I'd imagine that she will have a couple of similar runs in the near future because the Soo Locks will be closed on January 15th.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
 And she continues down the St. Clair River.
 Then I decided to head over to Marysville in order to catch her again.
 A shot of her pilothouse again.
 Just a few scrapes but not a ton of rust.
 The full beam shot.
and a shot of her stack.  I like the look of the Interlake stack.

No comments: