Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Going back to Magee Marsh

After the airport I went down to Ohio to catch some flying things of a different sort.
 First up is a blue flag iris that was by the stream.
 The blue flag iris was nice but it was the egret that caught my attention.
 Unfortunately, I closed within his bubble.
 And he took off laughing.
 I was able to catch up with him a little further down the stream.
 But then he got clearance from the tower and took off.
 It made for a nice picture though.
 So then I headed over to the boardwalk to catch some other birds.  First up there was a Baltimore Oriole.  Not sure which one though.
 Wasn't sure what kind of bird this was but after posting a picture on Facebook, I found out it was a yellow warbler.
 Just went for a couple more shots.
 I'll have to admit, he looks pretty happy when singing.
 Looks like the bird is saying, "Hey what are you looking at?"
 A young eagle.  I'm not sure if this is one of the ones born earlier this year though.  Something tells me not.
I think this is a Canada anemone
 I'm pretty sure this is an eagle.
 Another set of blue flag irises.  These were on the way out of the park.
 And one more.
 Then I headed over to the Ottawa National Wildlife Reserve.  A family of geese.
 A soon to be family of Sand Hill cranes.
 An egret hiding in the reeds.
If I hadn't been driving at the time, I would have gotten a much better shot of a trumpeter swan.  I'd swear it flew about 6 feet in front of the car.  These birds look huge when they are that close.  Anyway,  I guess this picture isn't too bad.

No comments: