Monday, November 7, 2011

The Saginaw Again

One of the ships that passed by while we were at the Maritime Center was the Saginaw.   This is a repeat appearance for her on this blog, so I'm not going to go into her details. 
She has the classic lines of a lake freighter.  Pilothouse in the front and a nearly straight bow.

The machinery space is in the back.  I think the self unloader was added at some point in her history.
She is named the Saginaw after the Saginaw River.  Many of the customers of the company that own are on the Saginaw River, so it is likely she'll spend some time there.
This is the almost straight on shot that I like.
A shot of the pilothouse.
A shot of the machinery space.
As she is about to round the bend in the river.
I tried to get the side of the river in the shot.
And my last shot before she passed out of view.

No comments: