Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Mackinac Bridge at Night Again....

So after finishing up in Detroit, I headed up north.  I decided to stay in Macknaw City overnight in order to get an early start on wandering around the UP.  The hotel I stayed at was across the street from the park where I usually take pictures, so I decided to take night pictures of the Bridge.
I like night pictures of the Bridge.  The lights on it set out well against the dark sky. When the conditions are right, you can get nice reflection off the water.  I really like it now that they use the multicolored lights on the cables.
I was trying to pull out the shot a bit in order to get the the length of the bridge.  Unfortunately, it didn't work so well for me.
So I moved to the spot in the park where I could get the shot where the towers look almost like they are one.  The water was almost smooth enough around the bridge to get the reflections but not quite.
And a close up shot of the towers.

No comments: