Friday, April 8, 2011

The Tri-Centennial Light...Again...and Again...

As I said in my post from earlier today, I had today off so I looked up what was coming down the Detroit River. I saw that there were a couple of ships coming down so I decided to head down to Detroit for a little boatwatching. One of the ships was coming fairly quickly after I got to Detroit so I stopped at the William G. Milliken State Park and Harbor. It actually is a pretty nice spot for boatwatching as you get a nice view of the River and it is generally quiet. At the park is the Tricentennial Light so I took a few pictures of it.

I've taken pictures of it before, so I'm not going to go into much history of it. Not that it has that much history anyway as it was constructed for the 300th Anniversary of Detroit but it is a functional lighthouse. The landmass in the back is Belle Isle.

A closeup shot of the lighthouse.

A shot looking towards Windsor.

A shot as I was leaving the park.

This is a shot of the Harbor Master's office and other buildings.

Another shot from the street.

No comments: